This photography course is designed to introduce the basics of the art of photography to the novice. The course will cover topics such as film vs. digital, shutter speed and aperture, automatic vs. manual control, depth of field, light sources, principles of composition and the basics of image editing using Photoshop. Participants will be given regular assignments through which they will get hands on experience in
applying new skill and techniques.
For Adults - Beginners
• Session 1: exposure be it program or manual teaching them the importance of a good way to expose an image if it is manual will be learning how to do it and if program also the various methods of shooting automatically
• Session 2: motion and how to improve the quality of images by using the motion technique to make dramatic and powerful images
• Session 3: Depth of Field (DOF), how and when to apply it
• Session 4: light various differences in light forms and of course flash
• Session 5: composition and the beauty of forming brilliant images with what is available in the scene.
• Session 6: the basics of Photoshop to enhance their pictures
• Session 7: working in class with Photoshop on their assignment pictures
• Session 8: this will be a field trip where they will learn how to apply everything learnt hands-on
• Session 9: Final Feedback
DSLR Camera (Please note that all assignments must be submitted in digital format) & a Laptop.
Languages: Arabic & English
9 classes + 1 field trip / 3000 LE
Twice a week - 3 hour class
Sat & Tues 12:00pm - 02:00pm OR 07:00pm - 09:00pm
ALL CLASSES NEED TO BE BOOKED AND PAID FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE.