He graduated from the Faculty of Art Education at Helwan University, and pursued a Ph.D. in Philosophy of Art (Drawing and Painting) at Cairo University, where he currently teaches. He has several degrees:
• Masters in Arts Education – Ain Shams 1996
• PHD in Philosophy of Arts from Faculty of Arts – Cairo University
• “ Professor “ in Painting & Drawing at Faculty of Art Education at Cairo University.
Teaches Painting & Drawing, Computer for Art, Anatomy for Art in the Faculty of Arts Education at Cairo University.
Member of several entities and bodies such as Fine Arts Association and others.
He has held many exhibitions since 1988 till present, and he has written books such as “The computer and its application in Art”, “Anatomy of the human body for Artists” and others.
Among his exhibitions:
• Solo exhibition “Colors and shades” in Cairo atelier, 1991.
• Solo exhibition “Color rhythms” in Faculty of Arts Education at Ain Shams University, 1992.
• Solo exhibition “Traits (black and white)” in Sawy Cultural Wheel, 2005.
• Solo exhibition “Nature and Spatial Dimensions” in Cairo Atelier, 2005.
• Group exhibition for Egyptian young artists in Yugoslavia in 1988.
• 3rd, 6th, and 12th Youth Exhibitions.
• 7 different group exhibitions in Maadi Club between 1988 and 1996.
Additionally Dr. Ashraf has done many workshops in important cultural venues such as Cairo University, Ain Shams University, Sawy Cultural Wheel.
He has won prizes and certificates of appreciation in many conferences and from various universities.